Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 4

This is getting much more complicated than I expected. Let me summarize the past few days.
Day 0: got rid of 3 grocery bags of toiletries and 3 trash bags of food. restocked with "safe" stuffDay 1: made homemade applesauce, roasted some garlic, and bravely attempted making mayonnaise (which turned out rather successful!)Day 2: finally mastered a good bowl of black beans! Unfortunately, I had rice tortillas with vegetable cellulose in them (the xantham gum). I got violently ill.Day 3: I spent the day recovering. Moderately better by evening.Day 4 (today): i'm sensitive to amines too. FUCK!
Ok, so i suspected I was sensitive to amines when I started the salicylate-free diet. I was hoping that the salicylate thing would be all that was necessary. My list of "safe" food is about 50 items long (and that includes the salt). Amines only cuts out about a half dozen more things and means I can only eat FRESH meat and fruit and veggie. I mean absolutely killed/picked this morning fresh. I knew I should have stayed in the country.
So.... on goes the experiment. I am terrified to go to my naturopath and tell her that I stopped taking all the meds she gave me. Terrified because I'm not looking forward to trying to substantiate myself about this sensitivity, and terrified because if she actually believes me, what kind of meds/drugs/herbs would she actually be able to give me? (almost) ALL plants have salicylates in them. This is making my stress levels high. ... it doesn't help that I'm having roommate problems again. *sigh* i'm feeling like I am about to have a heart attack and/or dying.

No comments: