Monday, February 7, 2011

Oxalates

I'm having major health issues again. I was doing really well. I had a breakthrough and found that vitamin D and lime juice helped my symptoms. Then, after a few days, they started to make them worse. I'm back to square one. Except now I can barely choke down my rice, peas and fish because I've eaten only that for months and chicken gives me a stomach ache. Up until a few months ago, I had a stable diet of food that was gluten free, dairy free and soy free. I had a lot of choices. But of what is left, all of it has either oxalates, salicylates, amines, or sulphites. Usually, it is just one or another, not combinations. Those are my four main "new" problems. The next big breakthrough can't come soon enough. I'm hungry, miserably sick, and loosing my grip on reality and on my body. It feels like life is slipping away from me. Right now, I'm battling oxalates. I've discovered my sals limit is a bit higher than I expected (a moderate to low range, instead of the low-negligible range I originally thought). The reactions from sulphites is so strong that I don't dare eat small amounts. So, unfortunately, I've been eating more oxalates in an attempt to get food in me.

In the end.... i feel miserable if I don't eat food or if I do eat food. It doesn't freaking matter.

No comments: