Monday, January 24, 2011
More rice flour tortilla uses
I made fish tacos and apple-pear pie this evening for dinner. Yum!
2 rice flour tortillas (see previous post)
2 fresh fish fillets
sweet rice flour
1) Mix a little bit of flour with salt. Dust the fish in the flour. Bake according to the type of fish until done. If you can tolerate it, mix in some cream of rice grits into flour mix and fry fish on stove top in a little oil/butter.
2) Make rice flour tortillas. Save third tortilla and set aside for pie. Keep tortillas for tacos warm on the stove top on low, flipping often.
3) Optional: chop up lettuce. Fry up briefly in a pan with salt (use cabbage instead and onions and oil/butter if you can tolerate).
4) Assemble by putting lettuce and fish inside tortilla.
1 uncooked rice flour tortilla
1 golden delicious apple, peeled and chopped
1 pear, peeled and chopped
sugar (1/2 cup to 1 cup, according to desire)
1) Place tortilla in a mini-springform pan or a small pie pan. Cut any extra pieces off if it doesn't fit inside nicely. Set aside.
2) Bake for a few minutes on 400F. Try to keep as much of the sides standing up as possible. It may be necessary to pull them up if the collapse. Bake until it has formed a shape, but not crispy!!!
3) Meanwhile, cook down apple and pear in a sauce pan with sugar. When soft, mash down with a potato masher. Cook until it looks like chunky applesauce.
4) Spoon fruit mixture into pie shell. Place extra shell pieces on top and put in oven.
5) After a few minutes when pie shell pieces on top start to become solid, pull pie out, wet a finger and gently wet top of pieces (you may need to do this a few times). Sprinkle sugar liberally over the entire thing.
6) Bake until sugar caramelizes and entire pie look solid. Remove and let cool before eating.
Posted by Alex at 6:51 PM