Wednesday, February 6, 2008

New testing

so, i went to Dr. Mazza last week. The supplements that i have been on have been really helping! And plus the avoidance of yeast means I can eat 4x the amount of carbs in a sitting than i could before! Thats about 40g of carbs, total! :)

I addition, I can read and watch TV and even think clear enough to do complicated things like math. Which is wonderful.

What isn't so cool is that I'm still forced to eat every 2 hours. My head starts pounding for hunger and my stomach feels empty. So, I eat full meals every two hours. I am getting sick of eating! So Dr. Mazza has me taking fiber before I eat to help with the cravings. well, it helps with the cravings, but my head still hurts every 2 hours for lack of food. its like when you are concentrating really hard for several hours.... that kind of headache. She says that since I am eating so much... and still losing weight, that I might have some sort of parasite or worm, etc. so now i am doing a GI panel to determine if anything is awry. What that means for me is that I can't have probiotics (yogurt, kiefer, buttermilk, etc).... which i depend on heavily between meals, and i can't take my vitamins, minerals, and supplements. that scares me. Cuz i don't know how long I can go without them before reverting back to the hell I was in a couple of months ago before this all started. This is starting today and going until Monday. So, today I will be cooking a lot, trying to build up a stock of ready made, "safe food" so that if things start going down hill i have a stock pile.

wish me luck! ... honestly, i'm terrified.

No comments: