Thursday, February 7, 2008

Nightmares

I forgot (how can I forget!?) that when my blood sugar and whatever is going crazy in my body is not stabilized, I have nightmares! ...all night. Often I wake up drenched in sweat several times a night. I'm burning up and freezing at the same time. the next morning I wake up feeling like someone beat me up and my body is weighed down. my eyes feel puffy and there are black circles around them. I don't feel rested, even though I had been sleeping... its almost like waking up from a drug induced sleep. And I'm thirsty, dreadfully so. My mouth is parched.

... I sincerely hope the light and sound sensitivities don't come back. As well as my skin going all scaly and itchy. At that point it feels like I have lost my mind. I can't follow anything coherently. If I am reading or watching a movie or even listening to someone talk (in a lecture or a group of my friends) I can't follow what is going on. Its like everything that happened won't stick in my mind. I'm lost in the present moment not anchored by the past or able to work into the future. And I loose my appetite completely.

what the hell is going on with me???? ... I'm lucky right now because I know what is going to happen (for the most part) and I know that my doctors have some idea what is wrong. But over a year ago when this was happening everyday I was absolutely terrified. I would panic as it would go underway. The sad part is... is that this time I DIDN'T eat or drink something with sugar. I am on a strict low carb/no carb diet. That is less than 10-15 carbs a day. I can only imagine how much worse my symptoms would be right now if I had eaten a higher dosage of carbs/sugar yesterday.... please God, help me!

No comments: